Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, new blog

This is something I've been meaning to do for a while, and I decided that since it's a new year, this would be a good time to get cracking on it. I've had a Livejournal account for many many years, but the design of it just bothers me nowadays. I haven't posted there in months. Maybe longer. So I decided that since I already had an account here for other things, I'd give this a try.
So far 2012 has been quite satisfactory. 2011 ended quite badly in some ways though (had to say goodbye to an awesome coffee shop that I had just discovered and was run by an old school friend, and also learned that a friend is very sick) and some of that is bound to spill over into 2012, but I am trying very hard not to let the fear of that get in the way of the rest of the exciting things I have planned for the rest of the year (hopefully Comic Con, Disneyland, Norwescon, FaerieCon West, and with luck a writing workshop). I've had a rough couple of years leading up to now (although 2011 wasn't too bad) and so I'm trying to take things as they come and not make it worse by dreading things that might not even happen. I like to think of myself as a realist with optimistic tendencies. :)
So though I did nothing to literally ring in the new year at midnight, I spent the whole day today drinking beer and eating pizza in the company of most excellent friends. So cautiously, I'm feeling good.
Welcome to the world 2012, and may we all be alive this time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment